In 1785, Le Roy opened its workshop in Paris. Watchmaker to the king and the French Ministry of the Navy, supplier to the British Crown, Le Roy & Fils was taken over by Louis Leroy, who renamed it “L.Leroy” and moved it to Besançon in 1892. The epitome of French luxury combined with watchmaking know-how, the house also distinguished itself through the high chronometric precision of its timekeepers.